Saturday, September 10, 2011

Study the Word of God

This week we are looking at the importance of studying our Bible.  There will be three aspects to teaching this lesson:
  1. To introduce students to the spiritual discipline of studying scripture;
  2. To practice with students the process of studying a passage of scripture;
  3. To inspire students to begin studying Scripture more regularly

Psalm 119:11 tells us that if we want to live a life that pleases God, a life without sin, that we must hide the Word of God in our hearts.  I have always tried to inspire the young people to learn their memory verses, sometimes successfully and sometimes not so successfully.  There are many reasons why the young people in my class might want to learn their memory verses, but my aim is that they would want to memorise and study the Word of God in order to live out the Word of God and live a life for a Saviour that they love.

Our memory verse for this week is found in Psalm 119:11

Thy Word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Feel free to talk to me at any time.

God bless you,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment